So to curb my frustration, I'm listening to my happy song of the month. I was thinking about it, and I've had a different happy song each month. It's always a poppy song that I listen to over and over, that really has no solid meaning to me or any lyrical insight, but for whatever reason (the beat?) I get entranced by it. And I get happy. Not two beers happy, but it's good enough.
They're all guilty pleasures. January's song was especially guilty. "Anonymous Sex", performed by Phoebe Strole and Skylar Astin. Two original Broadway cast members of "Spring Awakening". I found it on YouTube, and thought it was fun. Not something I'd be singing in front of my parents, and clearly (hopefully) not something I believe in, but it was catchy. Although I'm sure the fact that it was SA related played a part.
February's song was "Go Your Own Way", as performed by David Cook and Carrie Underwood. Another YouTube find (although TWOP led me to this, really), the duo of American Idol winners performed the duet of this Fleetwood Mac song at the opening of Walt Disney World's "American Idol Experience". I really wish I was there because it looked like they were having so much fun in the video, and their vocals were great. Just like January's song, I'd sing this one on the way to work too... made the dread of another work day a little more bearable.
Which brings me to March's song: "Just Dance" by Lady GaGa. (Yes, I like pop music.) I'd heard of her before but paid no attention to what she sang. I also heard the song on the radio but didn't pay attention to it and treated it as background noise without knowing who sang it. But then this week, Suzy mentioned the song and the artist and how bummed she was that Lady GaGa's concert at HOB was sold out. And then she and some of the other girls from work started singing it, and I had that moment of "ohhhh that song!" At which point, because I really wanted to listen to it, I immediately bought the song on my iPhone (which went online to iTunes) and started rocking it... that was three days ago. I really have no idea what she's singing, but it makes me want to dance. So I guess Lady GaGa's mission has been accomplished...
Anyways - now I sit and wait for everyone else to get here so we can caravan down to that park just south of Cricket Wireless so that we can steal the Rascal Flatts concert. More on that later.
2 comments:
Check out her "Poker Face" song, you might like that one too.
I think next months song needs to be Panic Switch by Silversun Pickups! Have you listened yet? It's amazing!
OR...
Since our Death Cab concert is in april one of there's...but it is end of april, so maybe them for May
:D
"I want anona-nona-nona-nona-nona-nona-nonymous sex..."
Post a Comment