I hate change. I'll roll with it, because what else can I do, but if this were Facebook, I would not be a fan of "change". I would not add it as a friend. I would not click the "like" button. I might want to utilize SuperPoke and hadouken it... but I'd still hate it.
But more changes in life and stuff happening around me looms on the horizon, including Andy leaving and me needing to figure out this whole living situation again... not sure what that will look like. New roommate here at the current apartment? Me moving to another place? Getting a condo? Finding a place with the cousins? It will definitely not involve me moving back home, that's for sure. I might look into this opening at a place that I found through Flood connections... but I know that whatever happens, my 25th year is going to start off having to welcome change.
At least for tonight though, I got to rest in the current state of things: me and Andy at our apartment, having beer and pizza while finally watching the season finale of "24" and also the movie "Nothing But the Truth" (with the hot Kate Beckinsale). We haven't really gotten to do those kind of things much as roomies, I feel... there's always been something going on, or people over, or he's been in and out due to work trips. So I appreciated that this evening was just us, getting to hang out for a mellow night. And maybe the beer played a part in this, but we got to talk about honest life stuff, and just listen to the other... and it was nice. I won't speak for him, but I know I needed that time to just be real again... I'm really going to miss living with the guy, and having my best friend around. Even if I've been frustrated at things, he's been like the older brother I never had. (I don't mind saying that here, since he's not a blog reader... and even if he does come across this... well... dammit, you know I'm an awkward and sensitive sap, Andy.)
So anyways, change is brewing, and I'll deal, and try to put on a smile... Like the Carolina Liar lyric goes:
I lie, I pretend 'til I'm almost certain it's a beautiful world...
4 comments:
"I hate change. I'll roll with it, because what else can I do, but if this were Facebook, I would not be a fan of "change". I would not add it as a friend. I would not click the "like" button. I might want to utilize SuperPoke and hadouken it... but I'd still hate it."
I love that paragraph. You should use 'hadouken' in a sentence more often...just like 'nugatory' ;) I'm not sure I would befriend change either, but sometimes change is good. Just remember that.
Oh, no, OSF. You're one of those "Embrace change!" people, aren't you?
Boo for change! Keep things the same!
Also, Ry, I love that paragraph, too. You're getting so poetic with this blog. And maybe a little emo. But I kinda like it. :)
Ryan, keep crafting your emo laced prose. I'll be here to read it, especially if you keep using vintage Japanese video game fireball attack lingo. Down arrow + down right diagonal arrow + right arrow + punch = HaDoUkEn!!!!!
OSF, I embrace change like a redheaded 3rd cousin...oh wait, I have 3 of those ;)
Post a Comment