So I sit here with my laptop on the dining table, with the two cakes that I have baked for work tomorrow. One is the Black Russian Cake, that Mike asked me to make for Ann's birthday. I've got that one down. The other is the Lemon Rum Cake - which I've tried baking before and it's always been fine, but I wanted to mix up the recipe quite a bit and see how this new variation would turn out. So now I'm curious to taste it. But I'll wait until tomorrow, when Kasey will likely be the first to step up and request -- nay, demand a slice, since it is his favorite cake of mine.
And yes, they're both liquor cakes. Hey, I just give the people what they want.
For now though, I'm counting down until Thursday, when the concert insanity starts up again. The game plan thus far -
- Thursday: Andrew Bird
- Friday: Dirty Sweet
- Saturday: 311 with Ziggy Marley
- Sunday: Ray LaMontagne with the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, and Jenny Lewis
- Thursday (16th): Coldplay
- Saturday (18th): Stay Classy Tailgate, with Del the Funky Homosapien and Cage the Elephant
- Friday (24th): William Fitzsimmons
Recaps of those concerts should be posted as they commence! Game on, July.
For now... I still don't want to sleep. So I'll start reading the ICD-9 document and prepping my work. (Yes, this is for work in the morning. But at least I can do it from the comfort of home, with my grooves playing in the background.)
1 comment:
Hey there p-Rad! You need to update your bloggity blog!
K to the Nina!
Post a Comment