My raving about this show continues, as a new song from the soundtrack has grabbed my attention. (Sidenote - I find this to be a sign of a great CD, as "Spring Awakening" and Jimmy Eat World's "Clarity" both had this quality, where you keep listening to the CD because something new grabs you each time.) It really ends the show well, as Usnavi concludes his character's emotional arc and everyone comes together. The blending of the voices in the beginning, as each character sings their own line(s) at the same time really stands out. And I have a new favorite line, as he realizes where his home is - "but with patience and faith, we remain unafraid - I'm home!" I love Lin-Manuel Miranda. Between this show, seeing his freestyle rapping, fun videos on YouTube, and appearance on "House" last season, I wish we were g's. I think I can call him the male version of Lea Michele for me (but in a "bromance" way).
2. I get to see RENT at the Hollywood Bowl tonight! With an all-star cast directed by Neil Patrick Harris, I'm super stoked to see one of my favorite musicals. (If only they did an all-star Spring Awakening show.... with Lea and Jon reprising their roles, of course.)
3. I'm going back to school. Enrolled in two classes at Grossmont, and waitlisting another. I'll be studying anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology. Classes will run after work, but luckily I have a friend (Suzy) taking them with me. Though we do have a certain idea of where we'd like to go with these classes, this is just getting our feet wet and back into the swing of being in classes again... like I heard in a message at Mosaic SD recently, you may not know where Point B is or how to get there, but you can't just sit in the parking garage waiting for the complete set of directions... sometimes you need to take the initiative, start driving, and trust God to move you in the right direction and to correct any wrong turns you might make along the way.
4. I'm going to be an uncle!!!
What's this, you say? I'm an only child? ... Yeah, true story. But my five closest cousins (all siblings - one of whom is my roommate) are the closest thing I have to siblings, since we all grew up together... and the oldest just called me to let me know he's going to be a father. It's exciting, and I'm so happy for them. He even said over the phone that I'll be an uncle in 5 months... wow. It'll be very cool to have a little one around. And thankfully my own parents aren't in "we want to be grandparents!!!!" mode yet. I think the TGO wants me to have a kid more than my own parents do, actually... but "Operation: LFB" (Little Filipino Babies) is on hold until further notice.
5. I hate being lactose-intolerant. Especially when you're not aware a product is loaded with lactase...
6. Alcohol-Free August!
My buddy Pete and I both made a pact to remain alcohol free until the 29th, which is when we're doing the Fire Run (4 miles). I kinda mentioned I might do it, he said he was thinking about doing it too, and then we both decided that abstaining will help us reach our fitness goals a little better. Of course, I had to choose a month where there's two birthdays going down, and where one of them is having a pub crawl to celebrate... but we got this, we got this...
3 comments:
going back to school for the doctor thing?
Yep. At the moment, we're looking into Doctor of Physical Therapy programs. At best, starting any grad program will be next fall, so right now is just getting our groove back and meeting pre-reqs.
That's awesome! Very proud of you.
Post a Comment