It's Saturday night, approximately 5:45pm, and in half an hour, Team OSF will be picking me up and we'll be on our way to see "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1"!
I'm pretty excited. In past years, I tried fighting the whole Harry Potter phenomena. I didn't care to read the books, or want to see the movies. But I had no real reason to be anti-Potter, other than the sake of wanting to buck the popular trend.
Besides that, I'm not exactly known for seeing movies. And as for the films that I do see in theaters, I'm known for falling asleep during them. (I'm Ryan. Have you met me?) Although, I was pretty awake and engrossed in the last movie I saw, "The Social Network". Fascinating story and good performances by Jesse Eisenberg and Justin Timberlake. (Though, like the SNL skit asked, when are you gonna make more music, JT? I just wanna dance!)
Anyways. Back to Harry Potter. Friends over the years have enjoyed them, my roomie (cousin Cheryl) has been a super-fan since the beginning, and so I've known bits and pieces and seen portions of the movies, but never got caught up in it or paid close attention. But seeing the trailer for HP7 got me intrigued. Gone was my perception of a kiddish fun wizard tale in Britain, as it was replaced by a darker grittier world of dark lords and sorcery (so my first impression of the trailer left me, anyways).
So last Friday, with one week until the 7th movie premiere, I thought "let's do this." I decided to watch all six previous films to catch up, and over the course of the week, I finished the challenge. And to celebrate Jordan finishing up her long paper for school, we soon depart for Fashion Valley to see Harry battle He Who Shall Not Be Named!
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yes I watched it too!!
I laughed out loud over the JT quip in there :) What SNL skit?? Do you have a link?
Post a Comment