Sunday, June 12, 2011

Theatre Awards

Right now, I'm sitting at home watching the Tony Awards - which brings me to point out one benefit of living at home for the time being, which is that I can watch basic cable TV (which my cousin and I chose to live without in our apartment). So it feels kinda appropriate that as I'm watching these theatre awards that I get an email from the producer of the musical that I was in... turns out, I've been nominated for a ACT Aubrey Award in the category of "Minor Supporting Actor"! Which is pretty nifty. Makes me feel like Robin Scherbatzky when she was nominated for a LAMA. ;)

Anyways - ACT (Association of Community Theatres) is a group of 6 San Diego independent theatre companies, and apparently they had a nominations banquet earlier this afternoon for shows that were produced in the 2010-2011 season. I knew that our theatre company had submitted names for nominations, and I figured that the star of the show ("Joseph") would be nominated for Lead Actor (and he was) amongst some of the other super talented cast mates with featured roles. So when I got the email (and when the list was posted on Pickwick Players Facebook group), my first reaction was "jigga-wha?" And then "alright cool."

My part in the show was super minor obviously, but it's nice that the directors (I'm assuming) submitted me. And it's interesting because not all the brothers received a nomination. I remember hearing it discussed that you could only be submitted for one category - i.e. the actor who portrayed both Pharoah and one of the brothers could only be submitted once, which was apparently in the "Major Supporting Actor" category for his Pharaoh role (and he got the deserved nomination). So stoked that the cast/crew got recognized and that I got to be part of it all.

The awards dinner is at the end of July, and it truly is cool just to be nominated. I'll probably go just to see some of the cast again and hang... and have some adult beverages. :D

Oh, and as for the Tony Awards - I have a mancrush on NPH. He's awesome. And I also really want to visit New York and see all these shows! Especially The Book of Mormon.

2 comments:

Next to Me Studios said...

Award winning ACTOR on your first production?!?! Amazing man, purely amazing.

Ashley said...

congrats ry!