...but to be posted online soon. I'm at Starbucks, per our usual Coffee Tuesday outings, and currently unable to go online because Wi-Fi isn't really free at Starbucks. They want you to buy something at least once a month using a Starbucks card, and doing so grants you two free hours of Wi-Fi access.
It's been more than a month since my last purchase, apparently.
But it's okay. I can still type this out on my word processor and upload it whenever I get the chance. That'll work just fine, I feel. And I need to take my mind off work and this "how to" book for Microsoft Access...
Random musings:
1. Three amazing concerts last week: (a) Loney Dear and Andrew Bird, (b) Duncan Sheik and Lauren Pritchard, (c) Tonic and Gin Blossoms. "B" of course being the most legendary, if you didn't know... I haven't had a week like that in awhile, when I used to go to shows with a greater frequency. I even found my old list from 2004, when I kept track of every show I saw, even the small coffeehouse ones.
2. I wish I had the keen eye that Jordan and Brit have when it comes to photography. Our photo outing last Saturday at the Mission San Diego de Alcala produced some pretty great shots. Picture days are some of my favorite days in recent memory - Old Town/Seaport Village, Gap Day, Julian... I really want to start taking pictures on my own, but (a) need a good camera and (b) don't know if I have that skill to find a good shot in any given environment.
3. I keep listening to this one song called "Lead Me to the Cross". It's originally by Hillsong United, but I have a (stealthily taped) live recording of The Gate Called Beautiful performing it at Flood last year. They choose songs that fit with Matt's message, and the combination of her voice, their music, and the song's lyrics... it's often very moving (to me). I was at The Rock this last Sunday, and worship has been an important part of church for me and theirs just wasn't working (among a few other reasons that have nothing to do with this point). I really do need to be more consistent with where I'm going though.
4. I'm ready for March 9 to get here already. Come on, March 9...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Awww, I didn't know you couldn't get online all night. What a bummer.
And yes, you should definitely get a camera. Then we'll have 4 cameras on our picture outings, and you'll learn how to get good pictures. Most of the ones I take are junk; you just gotta sift through for the good ones. ; )
Once all this job stuff is settled (which I'm hoping is March 9th), I'll seriously start looking into a nice camera. I'd love to take a class too, if I could find an evening one or a Saturday morning class...
Yeah, let's take a class!
I'll look into it... maybe during TV Thursday we can check into schedules!
aww the good 'ol days, 4 concerts a week!
You. Should. Post. More. Often.
I like reading about your life.
Post a Comment