Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Catching Up

Currently listening to: "Wild Wild Horses", from Atmosphere's new CD: When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Sh*t Gold. I'm not a big rap guy, but I wanted to check this one out after hearing his name for the past few years... I dig.

I haven't kept up well with writing on here this month... between work and going out to various things (mostly concerts) and there being no more real coffeehouse outings, there just hasn't been a good time to sit and write my thoughts out.

But guess where I am... a coffeehouse! On a chill Wednesday evening. Initially I was supposed to hit up Flood's bonfire with Mindy, but I wanted some time to myself. Us introverts need that time to relax. So here I sit at The Living Room, and perhaps heading for a drink later with Weez.

July is about over, and it's been a good one.

The final tally of concerts/shows:
  • Incubus
  • Dirty Sweet / Get Back Loretta
  • 311 / Ziggy Marley
  • Ray LaMontagne
  • Coldplay
  • StayClassy Tailgate (w/ Cage the Elephant)
  • William Fitzsimmons
  • Demetri Martin
  • The Fray / Jack's Mannequin
  • Bedouin Soundclash
And now to plan ahead for more concerts this year... seeing The Fray live last night solidified my love of going to all these concerts. It can be tiring, for sure. But it is so exhilarating to see a band/artist that you love perform songs that you love with music/lyrics that resonate with you. To be in that audience, to bask in all the lights and the staging and all the cellphones swaying in the air with certain songs... for me it's a rush. And I'm glad to be getting my highs from all of that than from other sources. And I'll be sure to keep enjoying them while I still can.

3 comments:

thesmallblondeone said...

What about Glee?! Get to the good stuff, TGO!

Rhitter94 said...

Wow.... you really have had a busy schedule.

poloair2303 said...

I'm so disappointed I missed Demetri...Next time for sure!