Wednesday, April 7, 2010

60 Days

60 days until the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll Marathon.

And I. Am. STOKED. :D

I can't believe I've been training since the end of January and that every week I'll be marking a new personal distance record until we hit 26.2 miles on race day. So far I've maxed out at 13.2 miles. This Saturday, Team in Training (who I'm partnered with) is running 14 miles in La Mesa, and I would love to do that run. Buuuuut Sunday I am signed up for the Carlsbad 5000 -- an easy 5k (~3.1 miles) run right by the water -- and I don't wanna be burned out/sore.

Sunday should be a fun run, as it's the race's 25th anniversary. Aaaaaaand two of my friends are running in it as well -- Pete and my old roomie Ben are both officially signed up, thanks to me motivating them via Twitter. I'm positive that they'll both finish faster than me, but I know I can finish around 30 minutes, based off my ~10+ minute/mile run in the Race For Literacy a few weeks back.

Will be back with race results after the weekend. :)

2 comments:

NiokoOno said...

Wahooo!! You will rock that marathon on Sunday!

poloair2303 said...

Keep it up! You are doing great!