I dislike needles and getting stabbed by them.
Ok. So maybe "stabbed" is being overdramatic. But I don't like it. Especially as I feel like I've heard stories of nurses who can't seem to get the needle in the right spot initially.
But I needed to get blood drawn at the doctors office this AM. And as the nurse prepped me, the following exchange occurred:
Me: I apologize in advance if I swear, I get a little jumpy around needles... It's not you, it's me.
Nice Nurse: ...I've never had anyone warn me before. (laughs)
(seconds pass, I'm looking away, then...)
Me: Sonofabitch!
And then we both start to laugh as I squeeze that squeeze ball and blood is drawn from the other side of my elbow for a good minute.
[/end burst of randomness]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ugh. I HATE needles. So I totally understand.
That's the funniest thing I have read all day...I need to get better reading material.
Post a Comment