Saturday, January 7, 2012

TOW The Margaronas

So during this first week of 2012, I've discovered that... it's kinda hard to keep up an Instagram of the Day when...

  • you work a deskjob and you're in the office 40+ hours a week
  • you do not have cute teenage kittens
  • you do not have one of the cutest little toddlers in the whole wide world or are not currently experiencing the miracle of life growing inside of you
So the Monday thru Friday pictures might be a little challenging at times... but I did get through this week. If you're on Instagram, you'll have seen them.

Luckily today had more interesting things to take pictures of, and today's picture will commemorate tonight's outing with some friends to Trivia Night at On the Border, where I had my very first margarona.


Margarita+Corona = margarona. That's my mango one on the right, Suzy's strawberry one on the left. 

And our dynamic team of 5 - The Margaronas - totally pulled off a comeback to win 2nd place, which we were very stoked about! We were dead last at the half, and I think 5th place before the final question...

Wanna hear it, hear it goes...

List the following events in the order that they occurred -
"South Park" premiered
"Family Feud" returned to TV with Louie Anderson as host
"Cheers" aired it's last episode
Drew Barrymore flashes David Letterman on his late night show

Can you do it? Well, we were the only team that did and ended up finishing with 54 points, and the first place team got 55... if only I'd given my hunch earlier in the game that Martin Luther King Jr. was the one who was assassinated at a hotel in Tennessee... but we were very excited with our 2nd place finish (including $10 off our next trip to OTB)... But we do plan to win the trophy next time... 

Care to challenge? ;) 

7 comments:

thesmallblondeone said...

1) I was JUST telling Chris how much easier POTD is with kittens.
2) When I did not have kittens or a husband to photograph, I pretty much resorted to anything that happened that day. A picture of a textbook. My socks on the floor. The heater, representing how cold it was. Go for representation, that's my advice.
3) How do we sign up for trivia night at On the Border?! That sounds freaking awesome!
4) Looking forward to some POTD moments with you later at the Alpine Taco Shop!

Mrs. Miller said...

Margarita + Corona?! I want...in a year or two. LOL!

Ashley said...

I think it's:

1. Cheers
2. Drew Barrymore
3. South Park
4. Family Feud

...buuuuut, I'm not sure if 3 or 4 are mixed because I don't know a tremendous amount about family feud!!

Ry said...

@Ashley - you got it exactly right. You can claim a spot on the team!

Ashley said...

I knew the exact year for South Park ;)

Ashley said...

Hey, if you want to go the MJ show here the URL for you to sit by us:

http://www.goldstar.com/groups/4c338fffc67d993face560c4b2549b4891a50b04

Thanks for the advice on goldstar!

Ashley said...

Hmmm, that didn't work. Well, if you wanna go send me your e-mail...since you are off facebook!