Just a quick little blog to say that opening night of Bye Bye Birdie last night was great! For all the tired-ness and grumpiness that's come along, there's been so much more fun and good times getting to perform, even if it is just bit parts - even though there's no such thing as a small part, right? :)
But it's been awesome hanging with this cast, going out after rehearsals a few nights and hearing crazy-ass stories from people... definitely confirms how I live a pretty tame conservative life, because man have some people done crazy shtuff! But it's all great bonding, and especially being there for each other backstage.
Last night, my old roomie Ben came out to support and I love that he always always always shows up for things and is a man of his word, unlike some people who always just disappoint. I know tickets cost money and people have time-constraints and what-not, so I never wanna ask people to be there and understand when people are honest and say that they can't make it. But I'm super thankful for supportive family, friends and co-workers, and I hope that everyone who does make it out has a great time watching.
Besides, how can you not like us looking all like Mad Men?

2 comments:
Don't think I have the finances this time to make the show, sorry Ry! Maybe I shouldn't have spent so much on D-land...but it was worth it! Next time, I promise ;)
No worries! :) D-land was very much worth it!
Post a Comment