So... I miss my "Bye Bye Birdie" cast.
After nearly three months of rehearsing and performances, it's back to "normal" around these parts (which means going to work and then wherever else I can think of to get me out of the house). And I'm definitely much more sad about this return to normal than I was after my first and previous musical, "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".
I definitely had more of a theatre bonding experience this time around. I think this cast gelled better and everyone was very friendly and open and welcoming - no divas or cliquishness existed. The cast got in the habit of hanging out, telling stories ("So this one time at Burning Man..."), seeing other shows that friends were in ("The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee"), having drinks and accidentally finding what seems like a gay speakeasy bar, and it was awesome to take part in all this. I remember watching backstage videos by the original "Spring Awakening" touring cast, and you can just tell how well those kids got along and sense the camaraderie that comes with this whole theatre process and in their case going city to city for well over a year.
I felt like I got a small taste of that, especially once we got into the theatre space and they had us all squeezed into that dressing room. Cramped as it was, it was a great place to be, and I hope that the next show I do brings about more of this overall feeling. And hopefully the Birdie cast reunites for more fun and frivolity soon. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Awww...this makes me a little misty. I know what you mean--I feel like the bonding was even more intense than usual this time. And I do look forward to more group outings. I can't believe I didn't know we were both bloggers! So cool! :)
Post a Comment