Thursday, August 11, 2011

The One With the Invisalign

So today after a few months of waiting and years of not taking care of my teeth, I finally got braces at the ripe ol' age of 27. I think some people assumed that since my upper row of teeth look fine that so were my lowers... but they've always been crooked and made me self-conscious such that I don't smile a full smile...

Well soon that will be no longer! It'll take 27 trays (I.e one years worth of trays) but I will soon have straight teeth and a Crest kid smile!

I'd post the "before" shot but I'm still self-conscious, haha. But my dentist showed me the week-by-week progress via the computer program, so it'll be faster than traditional braces.

At the moment, I sit inside Mosaic's Artisan Lounge event, waiting for the live performances to begin, but I'm also feeling pretty tired. Figured I'd do a quick blog to keep me entertained (since I already played all my Words with Friends games)...

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Was it pricey?

Ry said...

Pretty much, yeah... I got a portion covered by my insurance, but I have to pay the rest ($3K). It helped that they offer credit with 18-months interest-free financing, which is longer than I'll have them in, but I I can pay it off before that time's up.