Triple Crown
I did it! I, along with my cousin Mendy and my friend Pete all completed the Triple Crown series of half marathons this year and got this cool little piece of neckwear, in addition to the individual medals for having completed each of the three races: Carlsbad (in January), La Jolla (in April), and America's Finest City (last Sunday).
It was my worst run of the three, by far, and I ran it last year and did much better. But I also haven't run outside or done any distance greater than say 3 miles since I ran the La Jolla Half... so considering that, I'm glad I got it done. Favorite sign on the course was this little 5 year old kid with his "WORST PARADE EVER" sign. Cracked me up around mile 11.
I'm on a Plane!
Currently we are two hours into the flight... I have no idea where we are. I haven't been on a plane since I was about 13, but the flight is going well. Sitting by the window, watching as we soar over the clouds... Can't wait to land in the Windy City and begin some adventuring! Which hopefully I can do. I've got Yelp, I've got recommendations from Ashley (the Music Soulmate - check it!), I have a few things in my mind already... at any rate, being out of town will be a nice escape.
Really wishing I could catch up on my episodes of True Blood right now... I'm 8 episodes behind, and thought I could watch at least three during the flight... but of course, mom had to sit next to me. I started to watch a bit of episode 2, and then........ boobs. A girl transformed into a deer or something... shape shifters, that's what they're called! Anyways, HBO shows are not Ryan's-mom-friendly. Quickly closed *that* out and switched it to the comedy Happy Endings, even though I've seen them all.
2 comments:
Happy Endings is awesome! I watched almost the whole first season that you gave me with Jordan yesterday while we edited. Got any more eps?
I have one more bonus episode that they just aired, but the second season begins soon!
Post a Comment