Thursday, August 4, 2011

Random Updates

Something I Currently Love: the band Foster the People

Listening to this CD as I type this out... definitely my current favorite band! I was lucky enough to attend their sold-out show at the House of Blues with two work friends in July, and they put on an amazing show. Great energy, sound, fun, dance-y in a way, and apparently they're cute (so says Suzy, who was at the concert and was all about the bass player, haha)... speaking of - if I'm ever in a rock band, I call the bass. They're always just chillin, rocking out, doing their thing, and I already play that in the video game Rock Band. :P

And it's funny at work to hear Suzy's mom start to sing the chorus... "all the other kids with the pumped up kicks..."



Things to Not Say to a Lady: Never tell a lady that she smells like sushi. Either you know why or you don't... needless to say, I didn't know why at the time. So in my naiveté I told Suzy's mom that she smelled like sushi, and she was all "no, no I do not!" To which I made it worse and said "yeah you do", and other people who were overhearing this were trying not to crack up while I was oblivious as to what was going on... sigh. When the story was retold at work today (and this happened yesterday), it made for a good laugh (she does a good job at telling the story, embellishing it just enough and making me blush)... we'll see how long the teasing goes, haha.

My Celebrity Doppelgänger: Awhile ago, it was a thing on Facebook to temporarily change your profile pic to that of a celeb. I really don't think I have one, so I didn't participate in the shenanigans. But I was walking downtown this evening, and some guy (not sure if he was homeless or not) asked me for change. I was in a rush and had no change, so I curtly replied "sorry" and kept walking. But then he called out again and said "hey man, you know you look like Tiger Woods?" I didn't turn back around, but I did laugh to myself... this was the second time in 6 years that I was told I resemble the golfer, with the first time being when my buddy Pete pulled me up on stage at Lestat's to beat up a piñata. Good times. :)

No comments: