Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Best Thing I Ever Ate

[gets mind out of the gutter]


Ahem. So today I decided to escape the office for lunch and recruited my coworker Cecile to join me as we hunted down the MIHO Gastrotruck. Weird name, but great food! Apparently there's this new trend of gourmet food trucks. I'd seen them up in Venice Beach when I visited a friend last year, and at the time I didn't quite understand why people would eat from a food truck...

Fast-forward a few months later, when upon leaving the Ould Sod at 2am, there was a Mexican food truck and my friends and I were slightly drunk and hungry. And their street tacos were both cheap and fantastical. But I still didn't think much of these whole food trucks.

Then I started noticing that they're on TV (both sitcom and on The Food Network), and in magazines, and I started doing my research. And there was one called the MIHO Gastrotruck that used locally grown produce and had a menu that changed regularly.

Here was todays...



Needless to say, when I saw there was a burger with both peaches (which I love) and bacon (which I lust after), I had to go for it.



And the second I bit into it, my heart melted inside... the patty was just right, the bacon was thick and crisp and flavorful, and all the pieces of it blended so wonderfully in my mouth, and it's watering again just thinking about it...

Anyways. Best thing I ever ate. At least until I go to another food truck and try something else. There's one called Devilicious that currently has a PB&J with Cream Cheese and Bacon (intrigued) and a Lobster Grilled Cheese sandwich... anyone wanna join me on these food truck hunts?

Reference: www.mihogastrotruck.com


1 comment:

Ashley said...

You're making me SOOOOO hungry! Pretty sure I'm down to go. I want to try the peach burger. YUM. I know lainey would be down also!!