Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chicago in Instagrams - Days 1 and 2

"She's a brick... HOUSE." First observation in Chicago? Lots of brick houses... maybe there was an angry wolf who went around huffing and puffing.


The Sears Tower... now called Willis Tower. But that's like how SD's Qualcomm Stadium is still Jack Murphy to a great deal of us locals. (Of course, there's no comparison to that dilapidated stadium to this wondrous architecture that we'll be going up on Day 3...


The Field Museum... right across from Soldier Field (football stadium)... looks so incredible from the outside and I could've spent more than an entire day inside... it is home to...


SUE! This is Sue. The most complete T-Rex anywhere in exhibit. My first time seeing a dinosaur fossil, I expected her to be bigger actually, but still amazing nonetheless.


This is one of the side entrances to the Shedd Aquarium... which blows SD's Birch Aquarium out of the water. It even has an indoor dolphin show, so it has shades of Sea World (though Sea World is better). Still a great place to check out. 


Outside of the Shedd Aquarium, we took pics with the Chicago Skyline... I needed to grab one with myself using the Instragam, but my cousin's husband with his nice Canon and accessories took a lot more. I'll post those somewhere if he can get those to us.


Love the Chicago skyline! SD's does not compare. That's the Sears Tower on the left. Seeing such a grand skyline has me excited for New York in two months! 


In the evening, we walked down Navy Pier, which was kinda Belmont Park-ish, but much nicer and with more to do. And we booked an architecture boat cruise, which took us down the Chicago River. The river goes through the city and the tour guide gave us all this cool info on the history of the city and the different buildings. 


Cool buildings!


Another cool building! Props to Chris for telling me this was a Trump creation... and MUCH better than that uninspired gold building in Vegas. 




2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yes, I flew over Chicago once and thought to myself, "I MUST go there!"

I'm still jealous! Everything looks amazing and I wish I could see that skyline in person!

Ry said...

Oh yeah, on your way to Detroit, I imagine? Hope you make it to visit someday, you will love it.